Baltimore Clayworks is seeking a full time Development Director to oversee and coordinate all philanthropic activities to further our mission and vision. We are a community-centered ceramics institution in the Mt. Washington neighborhood of Baltimore, Maryland. We are known for our attentiveness to our city, and possess a national and international reputation for artistic excellence, artists’ support, ceramics education, and community involvement.
The Development Director is responsible for planning and implementing an overall fund development program, including membership, individual donations (major, annual, legacy, and in-kind gifts), sponsorships, government and foundation grants, and fundraisers. The Development Director will work in partnership with the staff and board, and serves as the liaison to the Board of Directors, and reports to the Executive Director.
- Create and provide oversight of the fund development program and maintain deadlines calendar.
- Cultivate and nurture current and new donor and volunteer relationships.
- Research and identify funding opportunities and draft grant proposals, LOIs, and solicitations for businesses, government, and private, corporate, and family foundations.
- Identify community members, volunteers, donors, and patrons with giving potential, cultivate relationships, and provide excellent stewardship.
- Generate and send timely development communications, acknowledgement letters, and annual appeal and other campaign solicitations.
- Manage fundraising and events with relevant staff, volunteers, and committees to build relationships with key constituents.
- Evaluate and expand membership programs and track membership statistics.
- Act as liaison with Board of Directors.
- Work with Marketing to develop communication in support of fundraising efforts, including digital and print materials, and social media campaigns.
- Oversee the database; maintain accurate records and reports of donations, memberships, and event registrations.
- Prepare progress reports on development plan for ED and Board.
- Other related functions to meet the ongoing needs of the organization may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of prior development experience.
- Proven experience in fundraising.
- Demonstrable writing skills.
- Flexibility in scheduling, including evenings and weekends as needed
- Ability to work independently.
- Be persuasive and trustworthy with the ability to develop relationships easily.
- Management experience in a non-profit or similar environment.
This position includes fully funded health insurance, PTO, paid holidays and more!
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, three references with contact details and three writing samples, either donor solicitation or grant samples to HR@BaltimoreClayworks.org. Incomplete applications may not be reviewed.
Baltimore Clayworks is committed to promoting diversity, equity, access, and inclusion in all aspects of the organization. We seek to attract a diverse applicant pool for all positions.
Above artwork by Lars Westby.