Baltimore Clayworks is a community-centered ceramics institution in the Mt. Washington neighborhood of Baltimore, Maryland. We are known for our attentiveness to our city, and for our national and international reputation for artistic excellence, artists’ support, and community involvement. The mission of Baltimore Clayworks is to develop, sustain, and promote an artist-centered community that provides outstanding educational, artistic, and collaborative programs in the ceramic arts. Its core values are artist-centeredness, excellence, inclusivity, integrity, and joy. Baltimore Clayworks is committed to promoting diversity, equity, access, and inclusion in all aspects of the organization. We seek to attract a diverse applicant pool for this position.
Baltimore Clayworks is looking to hire a versatile Marketing Coordinator (MC) to help position and promote its mission. The MC will use their skills and an omnichannel approach to marketing to support the organization’s classes and workshops, exhibitions and events, artists and studios, community arts programs, retail shop, and fundraising efforts. Collaborating with internal team members under the management of our Executive Director, the MC will support the implementation of marketing plans and initiatives that include but are not limited to:
- Website Maintenance: The MC will be responsible for keeping the website (currently on WordPress platform) updated in terms of content and image assets that support user experience and SEO.
- Content Marketing & Communications: The MC willcreatee-blasts, artist spotlight blogs, promotional videos, flyers and signage. The MC will keep the BCW audience (students, studio artists, donors, faculty) abreast of community news and policy updates. Additionally, the MC will respond to comments and inquiries via social media or facilitate connections to the appropriate staff member.
- Social Media Marketing: The MC will be responsible for growing the organization’s social media engagement across all relevant platforms by consistently leveraging the content marketing initiatives and established brand guidelines to create audience-appropriate graphics, videos and posts that drive traffic to the website.
- Reputation Management: The Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for strengthening the organization’s overall brand via a differentiated, consistent, and engaging institutional voice.
- Vendor Coordination: The MC will manage print contractors and other promotional vendors.
- Other responsibilities:
- Logging and tracking the progress and analyzing results of all campaigns, communicating with internal and external collaborators.
- Photograph BCW events, activities, and facilities and organize/maintain visual assets.
- Prepare monthly reports and analytical information for Executive Director
- Develop professional working relationships with our artists, volunteers, and staff.
- Support the organization’s mission and be a brand ambassador
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in Marketing, Communications or related.
- Two years of professional experience as a marketing coordinator or in a comparable field role.
- Proficient in WordPress CMS, MailChimp (or equivalent email marketing tools and automation), Google Workspace, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, Animoto, and experience with CRM.
- Knowledge of anti-racism principles and practices; Commitment to ensure access to all BCW materials for people with disabilities; and the ability to interact effectively with people of different cultures and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Ability to identify target audiences and interpret consumer behavior
- Solid organizational skills with impeccable attention detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet competing deadlines.
- Creative mind with superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of ceramics a plus
This is a part-time, contractual position, 20-25 hours per week with the potential to expand into a Full-time position. Job requires occasional evenings and weekends.
To apply: Send resume and 3-5 samples of marketing materials to HR@baltimoreclayworks.org