Apply to Exhibit
Baltimore Clayworks is known for its first-rate, public, contemporary ceramic exhibitions featuring the work of national and international clay artists. Compelling exhibitions display emerging and established artists, and become teaching tools that extend our educational purpose. Our rotating exhibitions encourage return visits, while offering a forum for critical and theoretical discourse, and serving as intersections between artists and the public.
The Baltimore Clayworks’ Solo Gallery is an opportunity for artists to share their work with the Baltimore area. We accept functional, sculptural, and installation ceramic art. Applications are reviewed biannually by the Programs Committee. Commission rate is 50%/50% between the gallery and artist.
The Gallery is well suited for a single artist’s focused body of work. The walls are sturdy plaster lathe, and the room has 20 foot ceilings. The wall space consists of several small sections and one long, curved wall, broken up by two doors and two open doorways.
Project Space Gallery
The Baltimore Clayworks’ Project Space Gallery is an opportunity for artists of all materials and disciplines to share their work with the Baltimore area. The Project Space allows us to host exhibitions that are not strictly ceramic. Applications are reviewed biannually by the Programs Committee. Commission rate is 50%/50% between the gallery and artist.
The Gallery is a former sun porch, well suited for a single artist’s focused body of work. The walls are sturdy plaster lathe, and the room has 8 foot ceilings. One side is mostly windows, the other has three entry ways with several wall areas for 2-D art.
Clayworks will provide:
- White paint, basic hardware, and other display needs
- Pedestals and wall wedges
- Press releases and promotion
- Storage of boxes and shipping materials
- Opening reception refreshments
The artist is responsible for:
- Shipping or delivery and pickup
- Installation, with assistance from the Exhibitions Director
- Any display or hardware needs outside of the normal realm of exhibition installation
- Returning the wall back to white if an accent color is chosen
If you are interested in showing in our Solo Gallery or Project Space Gallery, please email the following materials to email@example.com with the subject line "Gallery Submission."
- Contact Information including name, email, phone number, and address
- Show Proposal including a title and description of your proposed show, and gallery preference (Solo or Project)
- Artist statement
- 10 Images of work that will be in your show, or is similar
- Image List including title, materials, dimensions, year, and price. In addition, please provide a title and theme for your proposed show, and let us know which gallery you would prefer.