SAVE THE DATE: Wed. October 10, from 4-7pm. Official Dedication Ceremonies 4:30pm.
Anniversary Party and Dedication of Clayworks Way! Community and civic leaders gather to celebrate this milestone and success. Open House Tours, Student/Camper/Artist Exhibitions. Culmination of Global Day of Clay at Baltimore Clayworks.
- By mid-September, all Resident Artists will be working at their Clayworks studios. Don’t miss the evening of SEPTEMBER 15, when these artists are introduced to the community and offer talks coinciding with the opening of Welcome to Our Clayborhood, the new exhibition that includes their work. Learn why we are so excited to have these emerging artists in our studios and in Baltimore.
- Resident Artists Hannah Pierce, Wes Brown and Kourtney Stone have been busy in their studios this summer. They have also taught classes and worked in our community programs. Jeremy Wallace, wood and soda kiln firing artist, continues to awe students and ceramicists.
- This summer, Baltimore Clayworks’ Board chose the next bank that will refinance our commercial mortgage and put to bed the $750,000 balloon payment inherited from previous leadership. This transfer will occur within days, culminating a year of hard work to put our organization on stable financial footing.
- The Search Committee for the permanent Executive Director has been active since May. After narrowing down the field to 3 finalists, we expect to welcome Clayworks’ new Executive Director imminently.
- Nicole Fall, our interim Executive Director, will work to orient the new ED. As she moves out of her Executive role, she leaves behind a trail of accomplishments. One recent achievement is the awarding of a large grant from Baltimore City Children and Youth Fund. Under this grant, Clayworks will link maker technology and ceramics to give young Baltimoreans valuable job skills. Kudos to our grant writing team and innovative thinkers- Nicole Fall, Mary Cloonan and Candace Mitchell, and thanks to the continued support of the City of Baltimore.
- We have received another prestigious and large grant that cannot be announced yet. We look forward to going public with this good news soon.
- Summer camp is ending on a high note with excellent enrollment and treasured artwork out of the kilns and adorning campers’ family shelves.
- Fall classes begin mid and late September. Sign up now before your class of choice fills! Bring friends and family to enjoy a “Date Night” or “Try -It,” or take a 4, 10, or 12-week class.
Come on Down! There is great art in the studio, joy in the classrooms, gallery exhibits are superb and the Gallery shop awaits your purchase. Come in and introduce yourself to staff, artists, and others.
From the entire Board and Staff, it is a pleasure for us to be able to report the events highlighted above. The dedicated and hard work that the community invested in Clayworks over the past year is coming together wonderfully.
Thank you all,
Board of Trustees (President)