Photo by Matthew Paul D’Agostino
Our short-term residencies offer offer artists subsidized Resident Artist Studios for one to three months based on their project proposals. Benefits include:
- A semi-private, 10’ x 12’ studio space for $200 per month
- Firing and materials fees at cost
- Paid opportunities to teach classes on and off site
To apply for a short-term residency, please email the following materials to email@example.com with the subject line "Short-term Application."
- Application. Label file with last name, first initial, and APPLICATION (example: doejAPPLICATION.pdf)
- Resume. Label file with last name, first initial, and RESUME (example: doejRESUME.pdf)
- Project Proposal. Please submit a project proposal detailing the work you plan to make providing a general time line including approximate material and firing schedule (temp range, firing method, clay body, special materials, etc.). Describe in detail the impact this project has to your own artistic growth, and how it will benefit the Baltimore Clayworks community and greater ceramics community as a whole. Please limit your proposal to an approximate 1000 word count. Label file with last name, first initial, PROPOSAL (example: doejPROPOSAL.pdf)
- Artist Statement. Label file with last name, first initial, and STATEMENT (example: doejSTATEMENT.pdf)
- Images. 10 images (5x7 300dpi) Image files should be labeled with last name, first initial, and numbers indicating your preferred viewing order (example: doej1.jpg)
- Image list. Please provide an image list that includes file name, artist name, title, date of work, dimensions of work, and medium
Applications are due April 20th, 2020.
Applicants will be notified of results by May 15th, 2020.