Mt. Washington Studio Classes Policies
- BasicsThe duration of most WINTER classes are 4 weeks, most SPRING and FALL classes are 12 weeks, and most SUMMER classes are 8 weeks. Tuition for each class includes: 25 pounds of clay, bisque firing and access to the studio when the classroom is NOT occupied with classes or workshops. Students age 16 and up are welcome to enroll in any adult classes or workshops. You must be paid and enrolled to guarantee a space is reserved for you in the class. We recommend all first-time students purchase a basic pottery tool kit (PTK) with their registration, $18.00 plus tax ($19.08). Glaze fees apply for all finish firings; .05 cents per cubic inch or .03 cents per cubic inch for bulk totals equal or exceeding 1,200 cubic inches.
- Multiple Class Discount any individual student may enroll in two courses held in concurrent sessions of the same duration/value and receive 35% off of the 2nd course. This offer applies only to full session classes and may not convey across multiple class sessions. All short-session courses, childrens courses and one or two day workshops are excluded. This offer may not be combined with additional discounts or promotions.
Refund Policy (No Exceptions)
- We reserve the right to cancel classes if the minimum enrollment is not reached.
- Full tuition will be returned if class is not conducted.
- Missed classes are not refundable.
Missed classes scheduled by Baltimore Clayworks will be added to the end of our printed session.
- 100% of deposit will be refunded with notice 2 weeks prior to 1st class or workshop.
- 50% of deposit will be refunded prior to the 2nd class (workshops excluded).
Transfers made less than 2 weeks prior to 1st class will be charged a $20 administrative fee.
- Annual membership fee is not refundable.
- • No refunds or application of fees to future classes after 2nd class. There will be no refunds or application of fees issued for 1-day or 2-day workshop for cancellation notification received on or after the scheduled event date.
- Membership Baltimore Clayworks encourages all of our students to become contributing members. Members are entitled to take classes and workshops at discounted prices. Your support enables Clayworks to keep its doors open and offer its artistic and educational programs in Mt. Washington and in neighborhoods throughout the region. Contributions above the Earthenware Circle ($40) are especially appreciated. To check your membership status, call Sarah McCann at (410) 578-1919, ext. 14.
- Scholarship Deadline: All Scholarship applications must be received a minimum two weeks prior to the start of session. One children’s scholarship and one adult scholarship are available for application with each course session.
E-mail email@example.com for application information or phone 410-578-1919 x16.
- Senior Citizen Discount We offer a 20% discount for individuals 65 and over. If you would like to take advantage of this discount, please check the appropriate box on the registration form. This offer excludes all Community Wood Firing weekends.
- Inclement Weather Policy Baltimore Clayworks follows Baltimore City’s inclement weather school closing. If City schools are closed, all of our day classes are cancelled. If City schools are 1 or 2 hours delayed, our morning classes will start on time. Evening and weekend students should call Clayworks at 5PM for a recorded message on the status of their class.
- We Have work exchange! Work Exchange is an important and integral part of our educational programming. The Work Exchange program allows a student to apply labor hours towards class enrollment fees, up to ½ of their tuition for first time Work Exchange students. Veteran Work Exchange students who have successfully completed one class session of labor may negotiate full tuition exchange. All Work Exchange students must be registered at the Baltimore Clayworks Earthenware Circle Membership ($40) to participate.Download application here
Jubilee/Zeta Center Studio Classes Policies
- Please remember that the fee students pay for classes is a registration fee and that actual tuition expenses for Baltimore Clayworks Community Arts Programming are generously underwritten by funders from the community. Our refund policy is as follows:
- • If a student wishes to cancel a registration up to seven days before the first class, the student must contact Clayworks’ community arts office, and the full fee will be refunded.
- • Registration fees are non-refundable and non-transferable any time after six days before the first day of class. Therefore, if a student wishes to withdraw after the first class has taken place, the registration fee will not be returned.
- • We reserve the right to cancel classes if the minimum enrollment is not reached. In this case, the full registration fee will be returned or it may be used toward another class.
- Photography By enrolling in a class, students/legal guardians grant permission for Baltimore Clayworks to use images of students and/or their artwork in related publications. Students may request in writing to be omitted from any photography or they may request it at the time photos are being taken. Click here to download the photo release form.
Summer Camp Policies
Our full day camp classes are from 9:00am until 4:30pm, with pick-up until 5:00pm.
Our afternoon camp classes are from 2:00pm until 5:00pm with pick-up beginning at 4:30pm.
Multi Camp Discount Students returning for 2 or more summer camps are eligible to receive a 15% discount on their 2nd (+ 3rd, 4th, etc.) summer camp enrollment. Full payment (Member/Non-member) applied for your 1st camp and 15% discount applied to all additional camp registration. On-line registrations will be amended prior to processing payment.
Two Halves Make a Whole Students may extend their day on campus by enrolling in morning and afternoon half-day camps with a supervised lunch period noon-2pm, Monday-Friday for an additional $20 fee. Please bring sack lunch + drink to morning camp along with ice pack.
- Before or after camp care is not available. Please be considerate to our staff and pick up no later than the scheduled times. Parents who are late may incur additional charges.
Full Day Camps: Children should wear comfortable clothing and shoes that can get dirty.
Photographs taken during camp may be used in promotional brochures, print publications, and/or the Baltimore Clayworks website, to promote our education programs. Please return the photo release form prior to the beginning of camp.
Lunch will not be provided during our 2012 camps. Each child should bring their own bagged lunch, snacks, and bottled water for the day, labeled with their name. Ice packs are recommended for any food requiring refrigeration.
Disruptive behavior will first be addressed with a verbal warning, second with time out, third with a call home. If behavior problems persist, your child may be removed from our camp permanently. Refunds will not be given for a behavior dismissal.
All clay art work requires ample time to dry and be fired in our kilns. Parents will receive a phone call approximately two weeks after camp, when the work is ready to be collected.