What We Are
Baltimore Clayworks is the region's only cultural institution dedicated solely to the ceramic arts. Founded by nine artists in 1980, Clayworks is a mid-sized cultural 501(c)3 non-profit, attentive to its neighborhood, possessing a national and international reputation for artistic excellence, artists’ support, and community involvement. The mission of Baltimore Clayworks is to develop, sustain, and promote an artist-centered community that provides outstanding educational, artistic, and collaborative programs in the ceramic arts. Its core values are artist-centeredness, excellence, inclusivity, integrity, and joy. Learn more about our history
What We Do
- Provide affordable studio space, equipment, and professional opportunities that encourage participation by national and international ceramic artists who produce ceramic artworks of the highest quality.
- Offer hands-on studio classes in all aspects of pottery, clay sculpture, and ceramic processes for children and adults.
- Present on-site, off-site, and online exhibitions and sale of the work of local, national and international ceramic artists, in solo and group format, curated or juried by professional artists in the field.
- Develop sensitively conceived and collaboratively designed programs with artists and community organizations that bring art experiences of authenticity and meaning into the lives of at-risk children and underserved adults.
- Baltimore Clayworks is the only arts organization in Baltimore that also operates Clay for All! Centers, stand-alone community based satellite studios to reach children and adults in inner city communities.
Who We Are
Where We Are
We are located in Baltimore, Maryland's historic Mt. Washington Village. Click here for more detailed directions.